How to Make Coffee with a French Press
Your Guide to French Press
Ooh la la! A step by step guide to brewing the perfect coffee.
Want more (or less) coffee? Adjust water and coffee using this no-fail ratio: For every 6 fl oz of filtered water, add 2 tbsp of coffee.
- 10 tbsp (40g) coarsely ground Chameleon "Guatemala" Single Origin, Medium Roast Coffee
- 30 fl oz boiling filtered water
- Choose the right grind. For French Press, use coarse grind, about the size of rock salt or sanding sugar. Learn more about ideal grind sizes for brewing here.
- Next place coffee grounds in the base of a French Press.
- Moisten grounds with 5 fl oz water and set aside to bloom, about 30 seconds.
- Pour remaining 25 fl oz water over grounds. Let steep, with plunger in the raised position, for 4 minutes.
- Press plunger down and serve!
Makes three 8 fl oz cups
Note: To get 10 tbsp coarsely ground coffee, you will need to grind 1/2 cup of whole beans.
Fill your cup with carefully crafted, organic coffee. Our whole bean and ground coffee comes in a range of roasts. Pick a bean and a brew type and curate your cup anyway you please.
Sip on This– More From the Brew Guide